The Write Life

Welcome to The Write Life, an online community forum for writers of all walks and inclinations.

Are you a writer, whether as a hobby or career? Well, what are you waiting for? Come join us!

A community for those who love writing, whether it be as a hobby or a career. All are welcome!

Writing Prompt -
Write a Story that starts at the end.;
Finish that Story so that it ends at what would have been the beginning.

A Bit About Mel

randoMELity

Alias : Mel

A Bit About Mel

Post by randoMELity on Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Greetings, all!

I am, well, I am Mel - short for Melissie. I subscribe to numerous fandoms, from Superwholock (Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock) to Stargate and Firefly, as well as a smattering of various other fandoms in-between.

My favorite author has long been Jim Butcher, writer of the Dresden Files and the Codex Alera. I also enjoy the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs and urban fantasy, in general. At present, my favorite vocalists include Christina Perri and Pink and my favorite actors include Richard Dean Anderson, Robert Downey Jr. and Helena Bonham Carter. My favorite color is grey, because it's expressive, and I have a fetish for eyes and names.

The bulk of my completed writing to date is in the form of fanfiction, but I have every intention of remedying that. For those who are interested, my fanfiction penname is Dream Painter. I can be found on Fanfiction.net, Supernaturalville, and Potions and Snitches (and perhaps one or two others). My current writing project is the first book in an urban fantasy series which I have titled Of Shadow and is told from the first person point of view of a character by the name of Judas Newman.

I hold a degree in Radiologic Technology, but have been unsuccessful in finding a job due to lack of experience. Currently, I am working on an Associate's degree in Creative Writing, which I will finish over summer semester 2013, after which I will continue on to receive my Bachelor's with the intention of eventually acquiring a Master of Fine Arts. In addition to writing, in the future I hope to teach writing to others.

I look forward to interacting with each of you!

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 am