The Write Life

Welcome to The Write Life, an online community forum for writers of all walks and inclinations.

Are you a writer, whether as a hobby or career? Well, what are you waiting for? Come join us!

A community for those who love writing, whether it be as a hobby or a career. All are welcome!

Writing Prompt -
Write a Story that starts at the end.;
Finish that Story so that it ends at what would have been the beginning.

The Dyslexic English Major

Sarah Boeckman

Alias : Sarah

The Dyslexic English Major

Post by Sarah Boeckman on Wed May 15, 2013 3:02 am

Hi! I'm Sarah!

No, that wasn't a joke... I have Dyslexia and yes I am going for an English Major in Creative weighting. All I really ask for in this aria is understanding with my spelling and small grammar mistakes. I do use spell check, however, the spell check does not talk so I don't always know if I chose the right word or not. If you correct these things pleas do so nicely... Yes I can read... Can't belief I have to say that.

I like to write stories that take place after some kind of dramatic change. I also like to snick in something that hints at the Catholic Faith! It could be a Priest or a Nun, a Church teaching, or it just might be all over the place. The thing I can't stand is someone complaining about this. I like Catholic fiction, that wont change.

I'm also a traditional artist! I am learning how to use my new digitizer though. My DeviantART account is "Jewl242"
    TinaA

Re: The Dyslexic English Major

Post by TinaA on Wed May 15, 2013 1:22 pm

YAYA! Welcome to the forum. Very Happy.

I went over to check out your Deviantart and I LOVE IT! The "Painting" painting is my favorite. So meta. Smile. Do you intend to ever illustrate for books? That's something I'm interested in.

Oooh! I don't update it often, but my Deviant art account is "ebbtidecheque".
    Sarah Boeckman

Post by Sarah Boeckman on Wed May 15, 2013 5:57 pm

^^ Yeah! I would LOVE to be an illistrator/Auther! Now I know just how long it's been since I have been active on DA... I had to go back to find out what you meant by "Painting" painting. rofl
    TinaA

Post by TinaA on Wed May 15, 2013 6:15 pm

lol. Yeah, I take long stretches from DA as well. Mostly because even if I'm busy painting I'm not sure I want everyone to see them...then I have weeks where I post EVERYTHING even the worst little digital scribbles. Razz. I am always at one extreme or the other.

I would LOVE to illustrate and I think you would be awesome at it. Smile. One of my brothers is a professional book illustrator so I get to pick his brain and he's trying to help me get better at painting digitally.

You are such a talented, creative person. Smile.
    Sarah Boeckman

Post by Sarah Boeckman on Thu May 16, 2013 2:33 am

I was really committed to DA last year... I was checking it just as often as some people check Facebook. Then I got the ipad annnd I liked it so much that I began avoiding my laptop as much as possible! Which mint I couldn't scan my work... LOL! SO! I have been drawing stuff left and right with full intent to upload it! Haha! Nothing has been scan because I am soooo lazy! XD Sooo, it's about time for a art-dump! o.o I have something for cancer awareness month, a peace in honor of Alison (One of the kindergarteners killed at Sandy hook. My family has a connection to her family.), and a comic on "Age-isim"... and probably more that I forgot...

It seems like everyone else has all the luck! Lol, I am told the artistic jean skips a generation in my family... The last one is still alive but gave up art a long time ago. No one ever told me why... :\ He was good too!
    TinaA

Post by TinaA on Thu May 16, 2013 6:03 am

Yeah, pretty much everyone in my family including distance relatives are artistic so it definitely didn't skip anywhere. Razz. I look forward to seeing your new artwork when it gets posted up. Smile. I completely understand how much of a bother it can be to get art from the pages onto the computer.
    Sarah Boeckman

Post by Sarah Boeckman on Thu May 16, 2013 3:41 pm

XD I'm lucky if someone in my family can draw a stick-person!
    TinaA

Post by TinaA on Thu May 16, 2013 9:55 pm

That's alright. My family can't do math at all. Like, any of us. Razz. All our creativity took over that part of the brain or something. I don't know. It was good seeing you today at the meeting. Smile. Do you plan on posting up more of your writing onto the forum? I'd look forward to reading it.

cheryl.asbury

Post by cheryl.asbury on Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi Sarah,
    It was a good night tonight at Panera Bread. Smile Amelia said you brought a new story to the meeting tonight. I would have liked to have read it. Please bring it next time. Smile
    Sarah Boeckman

Post by Sarah Boeckman on Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 pm

I wasn't fully sure how I felt about the story, so I was kind of trying it out on Amelia first. I didn't plan to show it to anyone else, but someone noticed and asked. I planed to revise and bring in chapters 1-3 (MAYBE! No promises!) I picked Amelia because she was already fermiller with the world. :\
    TinaA

Post by TinaA on Thu May 16, 2013 11:54 pm

That is good though. Smile. Having someone that you can go to who understands what your world is all about and can give creative criticism. Smile. That's awesome.

cheryl.asbury

Post by cheryl.asbury on Fri May 17, 2013 2:05 pm

You're writing a novel! Very Happy Yay! I am too. However, I remembered how you need the printed page to read in order to give me feedback, so I respected you by not asking you to read mine until I can type it for you. I had hoped to get my first chapter finished by yesterday but it didn't happen so I will shoot for next time!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:47 am