The Write Life

Welcome to The Write Life, an online community forum for writers of all walks and inclinations.

Are you a writer, whether as a hobby or career? Well, what are you waiting for? Come join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Write Life

Welcome to The Write Life, an online community forum for writers of all walks and inclinations.

Are you a writer, whether as a hobby or career? Well, what are you waiting for? Come join us!

The Write Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for those who love writing, whether it be as a hobby or a career. All are welcome!

Writing Prompt -
Write a Story that starts at the end.;
Finish that Story so that it ends at what would have been the beginning.

4 posters

Round Robin Story

TinaA
    TinaA

Round Robin Story Empty Round Robin Story

Post by TinaA Sat May 18, 2013 9:36 am

Rules: One person writes 1 - 2 paragraphs. The next person adds to it with 1 - 2 paragraphs....repeat until there is a damn awesome story. I'll start it. Cannot wait to see what all you talented, lovely people come up with!!

It seemed so simple. All Daniel had to do was chop up a few ingredients and add them to the soup of puke green goop simmering on the stove-top. His wife had left very specific, step-by-step instructions written in her flowing handwriting. The spell was a short one and once everything was chopped and mixed he could get back to watching the game. But magic is never simple and Daniel was about to have a very bad day.
    cheryl.asbury

Round Robin Story Empty Re: Round Robin Story

Post by cheryl.asbury Sat May 18, 2013 10:55 am

Daniel found out that bad magic is the same as black magic. The spell that he and Atonia (his wife) had planned to cast against his ex-wife backfired and came upon him.
    TinaA
    TinaA

Post by TinaA Mon May 20, 2013 4:58 pm

A burning, itching sensation started in his nose and traveled down his throat. At first, Daniel thought it was nothing more than the start to an epic sneeze, but after a minute he began to panic. The feeling entered his lungs and he began to cough hard, breathes coming in short gasps. His throat was closing up. God, what had he done?
    cheryl.asbury

Post by cheryl.asbury Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 pm

God help me! I'm afraid I have stirred up more than a hornet's nest. My lungs sound like a rattle snake's death warning rattle!
    TinaA
    TinaA

Post by TinaA Sat May 25, 2013 5:05 am

Daniel struggled to pull his cell phone out of his jean pocket, fingers shaking, and he pushed speed dial 1. After one ring his wife's calm voice answered.

"Hello, honey."

"N-need. I need h-help," he stuttered as his body convulsed, sending him to the tiled floor.
    christopher.lester
    christopher.lester

Post by christopher.lester Sun May 26, 2013 2:04 am

A dark mass began to vomit forth from his mouth, tasting like cremated remains. The putrid smell of the forgotten slime mold concoction left boiling permeated even within Daniel's paralyzed psyche. The itching sensation began to increase in intensity as hundreds of little bumps began to form and move around just under the surface of his flesh. Daniel's eyes grew wide in horror as he watched the obsidian pool collided with the agitated pea soup ichor. All Daniel could hear was a deep, demonic laugh initiate from somewhere within.
    TinaA
    TinaA

Post by TinaA Sun May 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Struggle all you want, human, but it will not benefit you.

The voice was coming from inside his head. Daniel shuddered and vomited once more.

Such a fragile creature, you are.

A demonic laugh echoed between his fractured thoughts.
    Jazzhands
    Jazzhands

Post by Jazzhands Mon May 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Daniel whimpered in fear, but there was nothing he could do as his senses had grown dull; he couldn’t feel the floor he lay curled in a ball on or any part of his body. After what felt like hours, in his clouded state Daniel faintly heard the front door slam against the wall as it was swung open, he hoped it was Atonia coming to rescue him from the hell that his body had become.
    TinaA
    TinaA

Post by TinaA Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 pm

"Sweetheart," Antonia's dulcet voice purred in his ear.

"H-Help m-me," Daniel begged between whimpers of pain and fear.

"Tsk, tsk." His wife clicked her tongue. "Now, honey, why would I do that when I was the one who orchestrated this?"

"W-wha?"

His chest convulsed, vision turning black.
    cheryl.asbury

Post by cheryl.asbury Mon May 27, 2013 11:33 pm

As Daniel succumbed to the utter blackness of unconsciousness, he heard his spouse cackling with glee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:14 am