The Write Life

Welcome to The Write Life, an online community forum for writers of all walks and inclinations.

Are you a writer, whether as a hobby or career? Well, what are you waiting for? Come join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Write Life

Welcome to The Write Life, an online community forum for writers of all walks and inclinations.

Are you a writer, whether as a hobby or career? Well, what are you waiting for? Come join us!

The Write Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community for those who love writing, whether it be as a hobby or a career. All are welcome!

Writing Prompt -
Write a Story that starts at the end.;
Finish that Story so that it ends at what would have been the beginning.

3 posters

My bio:

cheryl.asbury

My bio: Empty My bio:

Post by cheryl.asbury Fri May 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I am exploring this website a little tentatively. That's probably part of my personality. As you all probably figured out I'm not techno savvy. Neutral With your help I will be victorious! Smile Anyway, I am about to graduate from Sinclair with 2 degrees. One is an Associate of Applied Science. and the second one is an associate degree in English, hopefully, in 2014. Since my son is wheelchair-bound and I have chosen to take care of him myself, my choice and others have slowed me down a bit over the years. Both my sons were born deaf like I was, but between God's supernatural creative miracles and human doctor's intervention our prognosis have been downgraded to hearing-impaired. I have tutored children and adults in reading and English both privately and at Sinclair for many years. I have written a guaranteed phonics program, which I was going to use in a start-up primary school. I had to take a detour, however, between helping my children and grandchildren. Therefore, I decided to continue writing because that's what I love to do! My husband is a musician and a lay minister at the Oaks of West Kettering. My son and I minister there also with the wonderful help of lay people from other churches, under the authority of my husband and the nursing home staff. Smile
    TinaA
    TinaA

My bio: Empty Re: My bio:

Post by TinaA Fri May 17, 2013 5:32 pm

Aww. You're doing just fine on here. Wink. I'm sure your technological skills will advance exponentially from here on out. I think it is wonderful that you're getting two degrees AND doing all your other stuff. You sound like a busy, busy person. That phonics program sounds awesome! Good on you for coming up with that.

Welcome to the site and I look forward to reading whatever work you post up here!
    cheryl.asbury

Post by cheryl.asbury Sat May 18, 2013 10:28 am

I haven't come up with a name for my new and first novel, yet, but I will begin posting it later. I'm working on trying to get the character bio sheet that Tim Waggoner gave to us typed and recorded on a flash drive so all I have to do is print it out when I need one, but the one I bought won't work in my 2003 computer. I have another computer I use just for word processing that I guess I'll have to put it on its hard drive in order to save it. Yes, I'm busy, usually, because I have to do things the old fashioned way! lol Rolling Eyes
    TinaA
    TinaA

Post by TinaA Sat May 18, 2013 2:12 pm

I tried giving character sheets a chance several times, but my brain just does not work that way. Razz. I have to let the character reveal themselves in the writing. Smile.

Oooh! Naming things is my favorite part, but I usually just have a filler title until I'm done writing it and then I pick something that is particularly relevant to the finished product. I can't wait to read it when you post it up!
    cheryl.asbury

Post by cheryl.asbury Mon May 20, 2013 8:20 am

I never used the character bio sheet for my short stories because I did what you do. I let the characters, or narrator, speak for himself(ves) or herself(ves), but I'm going to try this because it might help me to keep on track with my characters.

Thanks for encouraging me!

I will probably start posting my novel tomorrow. Smile
    TinaA
    TinaA

Post by TinaA Mon May 20, 2013 4:56 pm

YAYA! I want to read your novel already. Very Happy. I'm so excited!

randoMELity
    randoMELity

Alias : Mel

Post by randoMELity Thu May 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Stories should be placed in the Fiction section - partly because that section of the site is more secure because it is visible only to members and partly for the sake of organization.

I have split off the beginning of your novel and the first post can be found here: CLICK. You can edit the title of the thread by clicking Edit on the first post and put in the proper rating and an alternate and/or more descriptive title if you desire.

If your story is rated higher than PG, let me know and I shall move it to the Rated Fiction section.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 am